90 Minute Starcraft II Match

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
pezcore

90 Minute Starcraft II Match

Post by pezcore »

I had a 90 Minute 2 v 2 match last night, 4 Terrans......

Sooo much fun, finally won with a MASSIVE army of Siege Tanks and Marines with Stim's.

How do you counter against someone who sits back and just builds dozens of Missile Turrets and lines his walls with Siege tanks, basically just sitting there until YOU attack.

I tend to build pretty fast and drop Medivac's etc, try to get behind enemy lines, but this guy had so many Turrets, I was destroyed before I could drop anything.

In the end, my partner built a massive Airforce and my ground troops took out each turret and he advanced further and we eventually destroyed his base.

Either way, love the game !
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
Zamphir

Post by Zamphir »

banshees with max damage and armor and very good micro ....

thats what i would do anyway ..
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Hrm yeah, I guess thats what we did in the end.
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

also you can get Battlecruisers and use yamato cannon for the turrets or nuke em all lol
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Punji

Post by Punji »

To a Terran that is turtling.. I Map control expand.. 8 Gate.. get to 200 food with immortals, zealots and stalkers and pound his front door down.

I zealot micro to kill air defense, sneak a few voids to tear up his base while the ground is pounding everywhere.

Man I love SC2.
Please don't delete my post again...
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Punji wrote:To a Terran that is turtling.. I Map control expand.. 8 Gate.. get to 200 food with immortals, zealots and stalkers and pound his front door down.

I zealot micro to kill air defense, sneak a few voids to tear up his base while the ground is pounding everywhere.

Man I love SC2.
Man, I havent even begun to explore the other races yet, still trying to master Terrans.
grimlinn

Post by grimlinn »

Punji wrote:To a Terran that is turtling.. I Map control expand.. 8 Gate.. get to 200 food with immortals, zealots and stalkers and pound his front door down.

Man I love SC2.
You got lucky Punj!
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

OK

Awesome TIP that I did not know about.... GROUPING BUILDINGS

I did not know that you could do that, holy crap. 3 Barracks + Reactors .... group those suckers together, pump out 6 Marines at a time ?!!?.

Ownage.
Zamphir

Post by Zamphir »

Pez,

you can select all three buildings ...hit ctrl 1 to assign it as group one...

then when you are micro'ing at the enemy base youi can just hit the 1 key ..bring up your barracks that you assigned to it ..and make each one pump out guys....and go right back to micro'ing (with out having to move the map ect) you can do that for all your buildings , starports one group , another for factories ect ..

it refered to as macro'ing ...
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Zamphir wrote:Pez,

you can select all three buildings ...hit ctrl 1 to assign it as group one...

then when you are micro'ing at the enemy base youi can just hit the 1 key ..bring up your barracks that you assigned to it ..and make each one pump out guys....and go right back to micro'ing (with out having to move the map ect) you can do that for all your buildings , starports one group , another for factories ect ..

it refered to as macro'ing ...
Yeah I was aware that you could bind keys to buildings etc, but I wasnt aware that you could group more than 1 building to a single key and have it pump out multiple units. that really helps in creating a large army fast !