If you log off and cannot log in, having an Avast blocking message in Red..

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Angelinie

If you log off and cannot log in, having an Avast blocking message in Red..

Post by Angelinie »

From WOW Forums, seems that many people having this problem. I logged off in my two computers and got the same error. It is a big red square saying Mal Function file, something like that. Got me scared. I looked in WOW forums and they have info about it. I will paste it here, in case you don't look in WOW Forums.

Avast is currently detecting some of the necessary WoW files as malware and is quarantining it so that the game can no longer connect. This is a false positive.

If you have Avast, you can configure it to allow you to login.

•Right click your Avast task bar icon.

•Click avast! shields control

•Click Real-Time Shield (on the left side)

•Click File System Shield (on the left side)

•Click Expert Settings (Button on right side)

•Click Exclusions (on left side)

•Click Add and and add *.auth
-You may also try C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\* (for Vista/7) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\* (for XP)

•Click OK and close the Avast options.

If you are unable to connect and do not have Avast!, try the general troubleshooting at: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4185&sid=1

However, now I am locked still in my logging screen, with the bar all the way to the end... I don't know what else to say, but wanted to share this, at least it lets me pass the first part after the password, and the red big malfunction block is no longer there.
~~~ANG~~~
***Si, me gusta mucho***
***Sweet Priest w/Evilish Shadow***

My only 85: Angelinie (Shadow Priest)

My still 80 kids...
Angelinie (main) Shadow priest Myzzely (2nd main) Mage Katzyll (3rd Main) Boomkin
Kyzzeyz (4th) (Demo Warlock) Zyzzyll (5th) MM Hunter Zasha (6th main) Combat Rogue

My babies:
Angelezze (DK) 75 Zulmyz (Ret Pally) 74 Zyzenid (Shammie) 45 Channelle 36 (warrior)
(if you looking for me, dial these girls all my alts)
Angelinie

Post by Angelinie »

Finally Logged in with both computer... Hope this helps if you get it too... Now Time to Log off after all this lol dinner time... See you all later.
~~~ANG~~~
***Si, me gusta mucho***
***Sweet Priest w/Evilish Shadow***

My only 85: Angelinie (Shadow Priest)

My still 80 kids...
Angelinie (main) Shadow priest Myzzely (2nd main) Mage Katzyll (3rd Main) Boomkin
Kyzzeyz (4th) (Demo Warlock) Zyzzyll (5th) MM Hunter Zasha (6th main) Combat Rogue

My babies:
Angelezze (DK) 75 Zulmyz (Ret Pally) 74 Zyzenid (Shammie) 45 Channelle 36 (warrior)
(if you looking for me, dial these girls all my alts)