WoW Dungeons and Raids are slightly challenging (aka fun) again?

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Killtacular 2.0

Post by Killtacular 2.0 »

You are confusing casual with bad atelo, don't equate the two. I would love to play this game casually, and I will be able to for the most part after this patch haha. that doesn't mean I am bad. I enjoy that I will need 20-30 minutes instead of 45 to do my heroic everyday now..other than that this affects me in no way.

Also, just a thought. If you find heroics to be difficult, you can't raid. Not trying to be rude or mean, I've typed out like 5 different paragraphs in response to this and deleted them all cause they were all way too honest, or harsh, depending on your opinion I'm sure. And obviously you can raid..you just have to wait for the next tier of content to come out so they will nerf this tier like they are no nerfing the heroics because all the people like me have been in full 346 shit for weeks and are so fucking bored having to go into those fail instances everyday for our 70 points want to cry. So I would view these nerfs as being as much for the hardcore and the elite as for everybody else. But, I've done all the heroics 5 times each at least, and I'm 3 bosses into bwd now and i've seen halfus in bastion. The bosses in the raids are HARDER *meaning require more awareness, faster reaction times, better class knowledge and execution* than any of the bosses in the heroics. Crying about how hard the heroics are is awesome..it's all well and good, don't let me take you guys away from that. However, if you think the heroics are hard you shouldn't have illusions that you will be able to contribute in a raid.

Edit: The point to that in-cohesive thought was this, the point of doing the heroics is to gear up for raids. But if the heroics are brutally difficult to you then the raids are going to be fucking impossible, again this is just the truth..sorry to be the bearer of bad news I guess, but don't shoot the messenger. So if you find heroics to be so brutal why fucking run them? You aren't going to have fun in raids..or contribute to boss kills haha. I'd suggest going and practicing until heroics are not hard.

And fuck it, to go ahead and nip any rant about but the dungeon finder killt zomg it sucks?!?!?!#r123123. Again, do you guys remember what we did before the dungeon finder? You asked in guild or in trade channel for a run? Or you just sat on your ass cause you couldn't run. The dark ages before the dungeon finder were *much* worse than the flawed dungeon finder we currently have. So don't try and pretend like the dungeon finder is the source of your agony. Go to trade chat with a post along the lines of "Looking for a good tank/good healer for a heroic" If you are in a group full of guild dps there are lots of tanks and/or healers who will probably want to run with you. I've found many groups this way. And we always have tanks and healers asking in guild for people to come on runs with them, from most of my experience most of the people in this guild just sit there and don't come on the runs, then complain that night that they don't have gear/can't come on the run...right...because you missed the run this afternoon you needed to be on..how is that confusing? However, 95% of those people don't ever read these boards either. So i guess most of the people who will read this shit are excluded from it.

If anyone wants to read the like 10 much worse paragraphs I have written on this topic let me know lol, I'll pm them to you. I'm gonna write a book one day, "elitist ass holes and the casual wow player: one warriors story"
Highest World Ranking achieved for each encounter.

Fury:

Maloriak, 1/18/11 - World #21.
Magmaw, 1/18/11 - World #137.
Halfus, 2/8/11 - World #53.
Conclave, 2/9/11 - World #7.
V&T, 2/16/11 - World #62.
Chimaeron, 2/24/11 - World #35.
Cho'gall, 2/28/11 - World #109.
Argaloth, 3/1/11 - World #43.
Council, 3/1/11 - World #112.
ODS, 3/1/11 - World #26.

*Halfus 25, 3/1/11 - World #53.

World #1 - falling off of elevators into lava.

**All rankings taken at time of log posting.
Ander

Post by Ander »

I have many illusions. However, most of them involve Bees, Eric, and girls who can open beer bottles with their teeth.

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Killtacular 2.0

Ander and his shitty healing are the source of all my anger.

-Killt

Fury:

ODS, 3/1/11 - World #26.

Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Killt, you are confusing hard with time consuming. You are also not considering that all it takes is 1 person to be bad to slow everyone else down. Mountains of trash could be removed and bosses remain hard. You could still get them done quickly WITH a challenge and not have to spend 90% of the dungeon clearing retarded trash. Why don't they do that? Why do they have to make the instances so fucking long? Even when steamrolling in a good group it's too long. You have simply not been in enough bad groups for it to irritate you enough.

We had a good group in Grim Batol today but wiped several times and added 30 minutes to the fucking run because 1 guy decided he had to go and deliberately pulled more trash to wipe us just before leaving. The next left the party after seeing it was GB, the next logged off after seeing it was GB, and the last huntard had absolutely no idea what to do and fucked us over several times while doing 4k dps. Yay for a 1 hour 20 minute Grim Batol run.

I really don't care how much you think it's great and all. I see tons of other people not having a good time and having to spend WAY too much time gearing up. Most of them have lives and want to get back to those lives.

We were raiding Naxx 25 man maybe 2.5 - 3 weeks after Wrath was released. Right now we are 5 weeks in to Cata can field a single 10 man and BARELY have the people for a 2nd 10 man and still have another week or two before we can BARELY do a 25 man. On top of that, we have people like you actually complaining that there aren't enough people geared for raids without even considering the deliberate change in Cata to take longer to gear up.

Take Lish for example. In Wrath, he'd have been able to come with us to Naxx in blues. Now he has to spend tons of time gearing up to get 329 for heroics, then spend tons of time gearing up in heroics to get into raids. Time he doesn't have.

I also hope you aren't implying that I'm crying about them being too hard. If you are, then we have nothing else to talk about, ever.
Ander

Post by Ander »

All I can hope is that one day Eric will leave this guy for me.

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

You edited your post as I was replying to it. You probably should have left out everything after EDIT:

Nobody said the Dungeon finder itself was bad. It's an automated way to find a group. Back in the day we used LFG channel to find groups or trade chat or w/e. You still found shitty groups that way. It still took a long time to find groups that way. All the dungeon finder does is automate it the whole thing. It doesn't mean it's any different than the old LFG was. The general complaint isn't about the dungeon finder itself, it's the terribad pugs they get as a result.

Finally, the Wrath formula worked better where you could jump into a raid right away if you wanted. If you wanted the content to be challenging, you could do Heroic mode. Simple concept. Everyone is happy. That has been my point all along. I don't really care if you think sucky people don't deserve to see content even though they also pay $15.

EDIT: Oh and if it were just a few people complaining about difficulty and time consuming dungeons, they wouldn't have a blue post addressing it.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Killtacular 2.0 wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469#blog - One of my all time favorite blue posts. By a lot.
Archaeology needs to be added to their list of mistakes in Cata.
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

Atelo wrote:Archaeology needs to be added to their list of mistakes in Cata.
I believe it was put in as something to do during long LFD queue times.
"What? That 45 minute queue is done and it's my turn? Wow. I managed to grind out 10 points in arch while crafting two pieces of gray vendor crap!"

Used to be I could chain together several heroics in a night. Every dungeon in Cata is like doing Shattered Halls or Shadow Lab when we first hit 70. I'm still grinding on a rep faction that will replace two 333 pieces - and it's going very slowly. My play time is limited, and I'm averaging about 4-5 heroics a week. That'll drop down a little as I raid instead. I imagine others are in the same boat. Job, family, other obligations - getting to the appropriate gear point will take time.
Killtacular 2.0

Btw something me and chancee figured out wayyyy early on, and I'm assuming others..sant..kana..I know I've seen sgt doing it a lot..regular dungeons give rep too. And they actually can just be zerged through. That's how I got all my reps to exalted so quickly. And between the revered 346 stuff and the epics at exalted you can get real close to a full set of 346+ gear from just reps probably. So if the heroics are a little slow going don't bang your face against a wall. Go clean out two regular non heroics in the time it would of taken to do the one heroic and get 50% more rep than you would have during your one heroic clear (and if one of those was a random you'll still get 70 justice points). Yea you miss out on the chance for random drops but meh...rep is where the bulk of the entry level gear comes from in this x-pac.

Fury:

ODS, 3/1/11 - World #26.

Atelo

Post by Atelo »

That's what a lot of people are doing. Still takes a long time though.