WoW Dungeons and Raids are slightly challenging (aka fun) again?

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
fritter

Post by fritter »

healing is pretty damned difficult nowadays, but it keeps me awake and i don't have as many..."i'm bored i'll throw my 1k DPS into the mix and /dance as a mini pirate" moments. I also hate everything they've ever done with 10/25 man raids...ever. imo they should bring back 40-mans i never had more fun in this game than doing BWL with 39 other ppl. ok you can throw 10 mans in, but don't put them on the same lockout. as gear gets better people with roflstomp heroics, it's already getting easier. as for lvling too fast, arch too slow, quests sucking, and 2 new races i don't care.
Killtacular 2.0

Post by Killtacular 2.0 »

Lol I would have to agree with pretty much everything fritter just said actually...I miss 40 mans :(. And yea atelo I'm aware I never tried a single Wrath hard-mode and that ulduar and icc heroic were quite difficult. I think maybe the biggest difference in over-all feel was they polluted the game with epics in wrath. Now that epics are acutually rare or "epic" again and not everyone is wearing them the investment in the raids suddenly feels more worth it again. Also, from what most of the top guilds who did all the wrath heroic content have been saying ie Paragon. This tier of raiding was all in all much more fun and interesting than wrath was.

Another of the big complains I've heard a lot of people have with wrath that I would agree with is there were too few unique raid zones for each tier of gear. Like just naxx at the beginning..and naxx was a *complete* re-use of a previous instance. Meaning 0 originality involved in that instance experience. With cata they came out with 3 different new dungeons all of a similar difficulty, so the progression was much less linear. Idk..I like a lot of the things they did with this x-pac. I will still agree with fritter that I loved vanilla...aq40 sucked..but outside of that it was <3
Highest World Ranking achieved for each encounter.

Fury:

Maloriak, 1/18/11 - World #21.
Magmaw, 1/18/11 - World #137.
Halfus, 2/8/11 - World #53.
Conclave, 2/9/11 - World #7.
V&T, 2/16/11 - World #62.
Chimaeron, 2/24/11 - World #35.
Cho'gall, 2/28/11 - World #109.
Argaloth, 3/1/11 - World #43.
Council, 3/1/11 - World #112.
ODS, 3/1/11 - World #26.

*Halfus 25, 3/1/11 - World #53.

World #1 - falling off of elevators into lava.

**All rankings taken at time of log posting.