WoW Raids delayed...

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Gusai

WoW Raids delayed...

Post by Gusai »

As if it wasn't bad enough for me to find the time to gear my char enough to raid in Caty, thanks Blizz... I've been pretty anxious to get into raiding, but due to unforseen events the first weeks you guys have started running the 10 mans, I was unable to participate becaues of r/l.

Well now that things we getting back on track and i was planning to spend some quality time Sunday raiding or doing mass amounts of heroics.... my computer has decided to fail on me. It would not boot up, and after spending Sunday night tearing it apart completly, building it barebones to see if I could determine if it was a major part or not, I think I have eliminated enough options to deduce that it is the mobo that has failed.

So now I need to research a new mobo / ram configuration to accomodate my cpu / gpu's.

Currently I had an Asus SLI board, with QX6850? Extreme core cpu, and dual 8800gtx cards.

So now I need to find a lga775 mobo.
Any suggestions?

Until I get this thing back up and running, I will be stuck on my laptop, which at the best of times, doesn't even allow me max dps in heroics.

sigh.

Shit on me.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Your best bet is to try to find the exact same mobo you have.
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

Atelo wrote:Your best bet is to try to find the exact same mobo you have.
QFT.

And sorry to hear your computer fritzed out on you - I know how much that sucks.
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

Asus P5N32E-SLI,

I've been looking around a bit, but I can't seem to find this in any local shops, it's a few years old this model, why would I not be better off finding a new mobo?
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

In general, new mobo requires (at least) new memory and power supply (even if the processor is the same, especially if you're looking at multiple years between original and current). You could look for one that has the same power and memory requirements, but may have problems finding that. :(

In general, I'm a big fan of ASUS mobos, so if you were happy with yours, and can find a current model with the same compatibility features, I'd go with that. :)
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Gusai wrote:Asus P5N32E-SLI,

I've been looking around a bit, but I can't seem to find this in any local shops, it's a few years old this model, why would I not be better off finding a new mobo?
Because most new mobos are LGA1156 or 1366. It's difficult to find a good LGA775 mobo with DDR2 and SLI. My guess would be all SLI boards are now the new LGA sockets. You're likely going to be stuck buying old stock from somewhere if you can find it, or buying a whole new mobo, cpu and memory.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

The warranty on the Asus website says 3 to 5 years on mobos, gonna have to look into that, I visited a couple local shops, and the only suitable mobo is a P5N-D, it is the only one that supports 775 sli. It's not exactly a high - performance mobo though.

Anyone know some online sites that carry old stock items?
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

So I broke down today and took it back to the store that built my computer for me, guess we'll see what the problem is, cause I can't see any hardware failure at all....

Total cost so far = $85 Diagnostic
End result - returning to WoW for raids = priceless