4.1 on PTR now

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Bees

Post by Bees »

Wouldn't chimaron only work if it didn't effect the tank? wouldn't want the tank dragged down to our level

the % thing is interesting too, rather than raw hp. will be fun to see this in action
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

I have a feeling that the fights best suited for it are in content yet to come, where the fights are designed with it in mind.

It could be useful during certain fights, though with a six second duration and a cooldown, it would probably get 2 uses per shaman per fight.

If nothing else, the 10% damage reduction would be a boon during heavy damage phases.
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

With the effect radius small, couldn't you use it for range DPS, and not have the tank affected at all? Or drop it far enough back from melee DPS (which is usually opposite the tank, right?) that it's affecting range DPS + melee DPS, but tank is out of area of effect)?
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--
kana

Post by kana »

Apparently Bees has not been in any of our Chimaeron kills.
You group up during the feud and get assraped by caustic slime. 10% dmg redux plus balancing out HP is nice.

I can see it being useful on Cho'gall P2 as well.

Actually, most of the fights seem like there's a use somewhere. The 6sec duration is the only thing that gets me, seems waaaaaayyyyy too short for a 3min CD. If it's only 6sec, it should be more like 1-1.5min CD, but I'm sure it's 3 so it doesn't "break" pvp (oh noes, just make it not useable in rated BGs and arena. Guess that's too hard? nvm).
Now in all 3 Flavours! Tank, DPS and Heals:
Uinia - DK
Kana - Mage
Iome - Shaman
kana

Post by kana »

Loots for ZA and ZG 2.0 posted on MMO-Champ: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

I'd just like to note that there is more tank loot in these 2 instances than the entirety of the raid zones. Thanks blizz.
I also find it ironic that there are plate and dps belts that drop in there too. It's not like we can't craft and get rep ones. Nope, not possible. Oh, did I mention they're BETTER than the drops? oh snap!

At least I can see lots of crystals coming out of this. Sell them NOW! We'll have enough to burn once this patch comes out and the price will sink thru the floor.
Now in all 3 Flavours! Tank, DPS and Heals:
Uinia - DK
Kana - Mage
Iome - Shaman
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

kana wrote:Loots for ZA and ZG 2.0 posted on MMO-Champ: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

I'd just like to note that there is more tank loot in these 2 instances than the entirety of the raid zones. Thanks blizz.
I also find it ironic that there are plate and dps belts that drop in there too. It's not like we can't craft and get rep ones. Nope, not possible. Oh, did I mention they're BETTER than the drops? oh snap!

At least I can see lots of crystals coming out of this. Sell them NOW! We'll have enough to burn once this patch comes out and the price will sink thru the floor.
It wasn't that long ago that crystals were only about 1k. Then the whole mercurial stone - d/e thing got squashed and the prices tripled. I'll be glad to see crystal prices fall again, and the top level enchants not cost several k.