So new phone

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
godpigeon

So new phone

Post by godpigeon »

Anyone have and "must have" apps for android?

I can put anything on there even if not on the market too. No thanks to stupid ATT ideas.
And gone.
avi

Post by avi »

If you are a runner or a biker, pick up Cardio Trainer. I think that is my favorite app of all and i don't know what i would do without it.
Avie

Moxley...Epic Bunny Killer

Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

Barcode Scanner - if you want to sanity-check prices while you're out and about, this app rocks.
ColorNote - I couldn't find a "notes" app built in, and this one's pretty robust - notes or checklists in one app
RealCalc - if you ever need more than the basic calculator, this is a really handy one to pick up

Those are the three I really use a lot that aren't games. :D
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

Which phone did you get? I tend to get sick of phones quickly and was thinking about getting a new one. Currently using the Samsung Galaxy S. I am on ATT also, and refuse to switch to Sprint or Verizon incase anyone was going to make suggestions.
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

I'm on ATT went with the HTC inspire, to sideload (not from the app market) you have to either use a third party app that I've not tried or gain root access.

So far it's been responsive and quick on my actions. They had the instructions to root this phone within like 2 days, and Custom Roms are already out.. what I'm running is based on android 2.3.3.

PS. I just read that ATT is buying T-mobile.. but Don't know when/if they're gonna merge phone choices.
And gone.
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

I don't have a problem rooting, its actually really simple and allows me to get rid of all the CRAP att installs on the phone
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

Exactly.. they also disabled the ability to load programs from files. Though I read that rooting moto phones kinda sucks because they do their own interface for things.
And gone.
Goodgnome

Post by Goodgnome »

New app that'll probably come in handy: Amazon's App Store -- which features one paid app for free each day. Today's is Angry Birds RIO.
--Goodgnome/Dez/Cayman/Proclaimer--
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

They are already being sued by Apple because of the name.