No blizzcon

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
hachi

Post by hachi »

Logistically speaking, there was no way to push 3 releases AND a Con in a single year. Also, because of the three slated releases, there is no new announcement for blizzcon and a blizzcon with no announcement has proven to be a let down (last year? year before? one of those.. maybe both). Im guessing that 2013 will include a titan reveal and the less crowded release schedule will allow them to put effort into the show.

You know that blizzard doesnt make money off blizzcon, right? It's a fan service and promo tool. It's looked at as an investment in the future of the brand.
Lishtus

Post by Lishtus »

Well said Hachi, I hope all is well with you.
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

The idea of playing WoW again is kinda like the idea of rereading a book for the 16th time. While I enjoyed it for a long time, it's going to take something remarkable to get me to go play it again. Plus, I really like logging on to play SWTOR and seeing my guildies of many years on.

Granted, I've been getting my butt kicked by some viral something (thanks, kids, for bringing that home to dad) and haven't been playing, but that'll come around soon.
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Ohh no croak we were wondering were you were. Get well soon!

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Ander

Post by Ander »

Ack that sucks Croaks. You should try getting well though, I hear it alleviates most viral problems. The good news is that I think you're going to like raiding in this game, it's a lot of fun and we've basically got the normal modes to loot pinata mode. Not that you'll be able to roll on any of it, cause rolling is broken, but it's the principal of the matter.

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

You realize swotor has 3 difficulty ratings.. so normal = LFR in WoW...

WoW is LFR, Normal, Heroic.
And gone.
Ander

Post by Ander »

godpigeon wrote:You realize swotor has 3 difficulty ratings.. so normal = LFR in WoW...

WoW is LFR, Normal, Heroic.
Yes Pidgey, I actually am aware of this. I'm making the point that having two instances on farm mode and knowing the fights makes all the difference. After that the hard modes are basically gear checks. We are what, 2 weeks in and we're downing hard mode bosses and farming the rest so I think we're doing really well.

-Ander
It's kind of like watching "The Guild" and realizing you're one of the characters.
Bees

Post by Bees »

grats on the progress :)
kana

Post by kana »

Ander wrote:Yes Pidgey, I actually am aware of this. I'm making the point that having two instances on farm mode and knowing the fights makes all the difference. After that the hard modes are basically gear checks. We are what, 2 weeks in and we're downing hard mode bosses and farming the rest so I think we're doing really well.

-Ander
He doesn't yet know the power of the dark side. Embrace your hatred, it will make you strong pidgey!
Now in all 3 Flavours! Tank, DPS and Heals:
Uinia - DK
Kana - Mage
Iome - Shaman
godpigeon

Post by godpigeon »

nope, wouldn't play on your overpopulated side anyway if I ever decided to start.
And gone.