Elder Scrolls Online

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Ander

Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Ander »

So there are now reviews of the alpha version of the game and it's basic features, by over excited nerds trying to catch their breath while explaining the experience, which I can relate to. Aside from the next big Blizzard mmo thing, this is the only other legit mmo I can foresee in the somewhat near future, or in the future at all for that matter. So for anyone who's interested you can listen to this nerd rant. :)

I'm sure there will be at least a couple of guildies playing this game, and whoever those people are I'm sure they will force T and Thols and them to play it against their will as well so it's something to look forward to in the future, when we will play for a couple glorious months, get bored, and all go back to our respective games and lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI

-Ander

P.S. Can we still imbed youtube videos in here or is that over?
Atelo

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Post by Atelo »

Looks like an interesting game. I did enjoy Skyrim, although I hope they improve the controls. Sometimes I found them a bit awkward.

It's interesting that it will be all on one mega server too. I wonder how that will turn out?

I just added some code to embed youtube videos. It's different than the old way.

Copy the video link like before, highlight the part after the = sign and hit the Youtube button in the menu across the top of your edit window.

Bees

Post by Bees »

huh, that looks pretty awesome. i might give it a go
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

DAMNIT, I need this game to suck because I do not want to play another MMO. They need to do something to screw it all up and soon.
Ander

Post by Ander »

Here is a video from the devs that shows more of the actual gameplay, scenery, and mechanics. It sounds like they are planning to focus mainly on the end game and then just make the leveling like one big phased skyrim game, which pleases me.

-Ander
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

It certainly looks very good, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
Ander

Post by Ander »

Yeah, it sounds like they really took note as to what happened to SWtoR and how the game basically failed in the end due to a lack of focus on the end game. I think with that as a reminder of what happens to people who don't bring their end game up to par, they are really gonna make that their top priority, which I think is what most gamers nowadays want, I mean you can go quest grinding in 100 different mmo's these days and I know developers are aware of that. So I have high hopes for this game, after all it is the Elder Scrolls people, but we'll see. Like I say, at the very least I think it will be a couple months of fun and guildie kumbaya time.

-Ander
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game.

Will probably pick this up though if enough people play.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I'm interested in this game too, but as I said earlier, I'm worried about the controls. Skyrim's controls are a little awkward, but it doesn't matter in a single player game. If you die, who cares, you respawn and keep going.

In a multiplayer and especially an MMO, if you're fumbling around with weird controls and can't do what you need to do at a critical time because of it, people will get annoyed or even angry and next thing you know, you're not having fun... The reason I'm mentioning it again is because the last video you linked Ander, they said the controls were just like Skyrim. It's going to have a big impact on the lesser skilled people out there. Casters will have to HIT their targets like a shooter. Healers will have to do the same thing unless they come up with something to fix that. As it stands now with that one little snippet of info, it might eliminate the masses from staying subscribed.

So, I do hope they come up with something to solve that.
Erico

Post by Erico »

Looks good