MMO's in the works for 2013

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Antilikos

MMO's in the works for 2013

Post by Antilikos »

Here's an article talking about a bevy of new MMO's that may be coming out this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... ner=obtech
Tahiti

Re: MMO's in the works for 2013

Post by Tahiti »

I didn't have any idea that many MMO's would be coming out this year. Thanks for the list Anti.

<3 T
Ander

Post by Ander »

I like the sound of the "ArcheAge" model. I think it's still really going to come down to Elder Scrolls though, but who knows. This guys also says that the combat for Elder Scrolls is getting overhauled, so that should be good for people who didn't like the computer control scheme for Skyrim. It seems like Elder Scrolls could go a number of ways but maybe one of these other ones will end up being better in the long run? I sure do hope one of these works out cause 1 month of WoW was all I could do this time. XD The main fun was just seeing peeps again.

I also heard the word "sandbox" thrown around in there a lot, it makes me wonder just how sandboxy these up coming games are going to be, and how they actually define sandbox haha.

-Ander
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

I'm always interested in anything in the Neverwinter world. Elder Scrolls as well.

Path of Exile looks appealing too, but isn't an MMO.
Erico

Post by Erico »

Quite frankly, I thought they all looked stupid, except for Elder Scrolls really. Meh.
Bilopdop

Post by Bilopdop »

Honestly after so many MMO's the two that really stood out to me were FFXI and WoW.

So I will most likely try out the new FFXIV and see what I think about it. If I don't like it and WoW doesn't keep my interest, I will most likely start using my PS3.

I have not played a console game in many years. So I would have a long list of games that I could play which most likely have 1 or 2 sequels.
Gusai

Post by Gusai »

TBH,

For an MMO to capture me, it's going to have to capture all of us, playing WoW and SWTOR without you guys, is MEH all around, as much as I enjoy both genres and gameplay, it's entirely monotonous soloing. So some company is going to have ato create a really great MMO to capture ppl as a group for everyone to stick with it, and currently there are none and currently I don't see that happening in the near future.

I can embrace a game and it's genre and gameplay fairly easily, but being a mmo, without alot of us there, MMO for me it will not be. The only hope on the horizon seems to be Elder Scrolls, so wherever a group goes, I'll buy into it, but until that time...

sigh.