New Guild Recruit

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Croakker

Re: New Guild Recruit

Post by Croakker »

Atelo wrote:
Tahiti wrote:Also they do laughing gas there for births? That's intresting, that isn't done down here.

<3 T
Yeah, they say it's the only thing that doesn't go straight to the baby. You can take the gas right up to the end if it works for you. It doesn't work as well as other drugs but it's there.
That's interesting. Are epidurals not commonly used for labor in Canada? Local anesthetics don't cross the placental barrier, and the analgesia from an epidural is commonly quite good, if I do say so myself. Or did y'all use a midwife, as scanning through the literature it seems that only they are stil relying on nitrous for deliveries?
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Croakker wrote:
Atelo wrote:
Tahiti wrote:Also they do laughing gas there for births? That's intresting, that isn't done down here.

<3 T
Yeah, they say it's the only thing that doesn't go straight to the baby. You can take the gas right up to the end if it works for you. It doesn't work as well as other drugs but it's there.
That's interesting. Are epidurals not commonly used for labor in Canada? Local anesthetics don't cross the placental barrier, and the analgesia from an epidural is commonly quite good, if I do say so myself. Or did y'all use a midwife, as scanning through the literature it seems that only they are stil relying on nitrous for deliveries?
An epidural was an option, but Ameerah opted out of having a large needle shoved in her spine. We were also told that when you get one of those, it's harder to learn to push, since you can't feel anything but pressure.

Morphine is an option up to a certain point. For her, it was bearable until that point and only became extremely painful after the option wasn't there. It can make the baby groggy at birth though, so she opted out of that, but might consider it for the next birth.
Amarie

Post by Amarie »

Atelo wrote:
Amarie wrote:AWWWW SO CUTE!!! Congrats you two! Could you believe it? 7 years ago when we were all raiding together in BWL who could of predicted this?!? When I think back now though it all just connects, everything came together and lil Tessa's picture looks just beautiful!

Miss ya'll,
Amarie
Yeah, who'd have guessed ATELO would hook up with ASSARA!!! I think our guild has had quite a few hookups, haven't they? Did you and Tord meet in our guild or your previous one?
Except for TnT I think the other couples joined the guild already couples. Me and Tord met playing City of Heroes and then he got me to beta WoW. We finally met in person during the Timeless era then hooked up like right after(:had to snatch that hottie quick ya know what I'm sayin?;) Ok, I'm going to get sappy if I keep going so I'm going to stop now >.<
Amarie

Post by Amarie »

Ander wrote:
Amarie wrote:AWWWW SO CUTE!!! Congrats you two! Could you believe it? 7 years ago when we were all raiding together in BWL who could of predicted this?!? When I think back now though it all just connects, everything came together and lil Tessa's picture looks just beautiful!

Miss ya'll,
Amarie
I think it all comes back to me giving you DI repeatedly. :D

-Ander
I remember that! You DI me no matter if it made sense or not! I remember one time you literally ran across the nef room to DI and I ended up wiping us all again. Was that the last time you DI'd me? xD
Bigbui

Post by Bigbui »

Congrats you two! It's been such a long time and I miss everyone.
Erico

Post by Erico »

Amarie wrote:
had to snatch that hottie quick ya know what I'm sayin?;) Ok, I'm going to get sappy if I keep going so I'm going to stop now >.<

She meant me
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

ericu wrote:
Amarie wrote:
had to snatch that hottie quick ya know what I'm sayin?;) Ok, I'm going to get sappy if I keep going so I'm going to stop now >.<

She meant me
Your dreams must be pretty realistic ;)
Erico

Post by Erico »

Tord wrote:
ericu wrote:
Amarie wrote:

She meant me
Your dreams must be pretty realistic ;)
Hahahaha <3
Croakker

Post by Croakker »

Atelo wrote:
An epidural was an option, but Ameerah opted out of having a large needle shoved in her spine. We were also told that when you get one of those, it's harder to learn to push, since you can't feel anything but pressure.

Morphine is an option up to a certain point. For her, it was bearable until that point and only became extremely painful after the option wasn't there. It can make the baby groggy at birth though, so she opted out of that, but might consider it for the next birth.
Morphine (or any narcotic) would definitely cross the placenta and can lead to a very sluggish kiddo. I'd stay away, especially if you're somewhere that doesn't have a NICU.

As for pushing and epidurals, it depends on how heavily it's being dosed. When I place them, I run a 'walking' epidural, where motor function isn't blocked and a woman could actually get up and walk around - though that isn't encouraged. But, you know, if the building was on fire she could run out. Too heavy on the local and it could impede the ability to push. It's an education thing though, telling the patient to make sure and let us know if she can't move her legs so we can back down on the local going in. Also, most women tell me they didn't even know I'd put it in. (In before Eric chimes in with something regarding how he hears that on his dates.)

Cute pics! Congrats to you both.
xion

Post by xion »

gratz you guys, she is beautiful. As far as guild hook ups lets not forget me with just about every man to ever join the guild in some way, except for guapa