Request for an American

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Atelo

Request for an American

Post by Atelo »

So, Ameerah and I are planning our trip to Australia, which should be fun except our baby formula is not available over there. We need to travel with the powder version, but it's not available in Canada.

If anyone could help out with purchasing some of the powdered Alimentum and ship it to us as a gift so there is no duty on it, that would be a huge help! We'll pay you through paypal or something.

It would have to be done soon since we want to try switching her to the powdered version before we head out. Our departure date is June 13!
Tahiti

Re: Request for an American

Post by Tahiti »

What type ie brand etc of baby food exactly are you looking for? https://similac.com/baby-formula/simila ... -alimentum There are several different types that have alimentum. Does your little one have a cow's milk allergy? Also Amazon.com sells it.

<3 T
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

The only one available in Canada is this one:
http://www.similac.ca/en/products/alimentum

So we're looking for the powdered version, which is possibly the one you linked. I can't order from Amazon.com because it will get stuck at the border and I'll have to pay an unknown amount for duty, which can sometimes double the price you paid.

We aren't sure if she has an allergy, but we did have problems with the formula she started on (made her poop and scream a lot) and this just happened to be the one I picked when I went back to the store. We tried switching again to one that has 20% lactose content and it had the same effect, not diminished at all so we've decided to just stick with it.

Anyway, if someone can send that stuff as a gift, then there won't be duty on it.
Hypnos

Post by Hypnos »

I am willing to help if you can tell me exactly what you need. I know nothing about that kind of stuff
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Tord wrote:I am willing to help if you can tell me exactly what you need. I know nothing about that kind of stuff
You'll be learning it soon! Dart sent me an email and will help out. Thanks for the offer.