Testing... Testing... Mic check.

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Dartagn

Testing... Testing... Mic check.

Post by Dartagn »

Hey all, the forums have been broken due to some sort of bug for some time. They are fixed again? Regale us with your tales of pandemic gaming. Let's catch up. What are you playing and how is life?

For me, my wife and I played video games more often in 2020 than any other activity. She has found a love for survival craft as well as some FPS and platformers. It's been fun. A shortlist of my favorites is below. Other than that, life is pretty good. Southern CA is mostly vaccinated and we have been enjoying getting out of the house, and even have a vacation to Seattle setup soon.

Games:
The Raft (Calmest game in the world, best with 4 people)
Green Hell (Stressful and hard and fun)
Borderlands 2 & 3 (just discovered these and we have been through both twice)
Killing Floor (Co-op FPS with gorgeous levels)
Terraria (2-D Minecraft)
The Forest (Stressful, hard and will definitely jump-scare you)
Don't Starve Together (Fun with groups!)
Red Dead Online (beautiful game but cheaters are a problem)
Gunfire Reborn (Really fun 3-D Rogue-lite)
No Man's Sky (If you heard about the horrible launch, but haven't played recently you are missing out.)
Valheim (Needs more content, but was fun while it lasted)
Phasmophobia (Creepy and scares the crap out of my wife every time we play. It's great.)

That's all for now. Hope everyone who sees this is living their best life.
adonshae

Re: Testing... Testing... Mic check.

Post by adonshae »

Good to hear from you Dart!
As I post this I'm about a week from dropping my daughter off at college for her freshman year. Other than my Mother-in-law moving in, life has been pretty tame. My current list is below. These are the ones I'm actively playing, although the lion's share of my gaming time is spent on SWTOR. My wife has zero interest in video games(sigh...)
-Replaying Batman trilogy(just started City)
-Chrono Trigger on my phone
-Super Metroid on my SNES
-Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS
(note: I keep from playing too many games by limiting myself to one per platform lol)
Just in case there are any lurkers, Hello to ALL!
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Good to hear from you.

I have mostly been playing Apex Legends, but occasionally play Overwatch and keep trying to understand Eve (although "Spreadsheets in Space" does seem like an appropriate moniker.

My daughter has played Phantasmaphobia quite a bit and also Dead by Daylight. I did play Dead by Daylight a bit, but never really got the hang of it.

Glad to see the old forums are still up and running.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Antilikos wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:39 am
I keep trying to understand Eve (although "Spreadsheets in Space" does seem like an appropriate moniker.

My daughter has played Phantasmaphobia quite a bit.
A friend of mine is huge into Eve. Per what he's told me, he is a Big Deal and loves every aspect of it's existence.

The news around the huge battles sounds awesome, the reality from what I have seen video-wise and from his descriptions sounds boring as all hell to me.

Phasmophobia is great and I highly recommend playing around Halloween with three other people you want to scare the hell out of.