Current Games

For Timeless Members, Former Members, and Trial Members.
Dartagn

Current Games

Post by Dartagn »

Started playing Lost Ark, my first MMO since WoW with some friends yesterday. My wife isn't extremely into it, so it might not last long but it prompted me to check out the <The Eternal> ghost town.

Hope everyone is doing great!
Atelo

Re: Current Games

Post by Atelo »

Hi Dart, good to hear from you. It has definitely been a bit of a ghost town here. I this tab is part of my default tabs I have open all the time even now, but I don't check it as often due to the ghost townery.

How was the game? Any good and are you still playing it three weeks later?

I watched the Warcraft movie again and it made me want to play WoW again so I updated the game, and then remembered I don't really have time for that and can't justify the money.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Lost Ark is a good gajme, but very overwhelming with what I am told is normal for Korean MMOs. There are dozens and dozens of menus, submenus, unlockables, tiers, powers, items, and rewards. Too much IMHO because most of them are cosmetic-only and I don't really give a crap about them.

I have been tempted by WoW several times, but everytime I login to my account I get hit with the 'Is this worth $1 / month, much less $14 or whatever it might be' question, which is never a yes.

Been playing a lot of Borderlands again in anticipation of the new Tiny Tina game this month, as well as Icarus and some others. Laura and I still game a ton.

How is your family?? Hope Ameerah and the kid(s?) are great.
Antilikos

Post by Antilikos »

Wow, haven't been back here in quite a while. Good to hear you two are doing well.

I did try Lost Ark. I played up to the point where I got my own keep. I was struck by how easy the fighting was. I always chose hard mode on dungeons and never died once in a dungeon. I finally died to a random elite monster while running through some area (got one shotted). Anyway, it was a bit too tedious for me to keep with it.

I have been playing some Team Fight Tactics and still play some Apex from time to time.

Looking for something new to play though. Take care.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Yeah Dart all is good here with Ameerah and the kids. We've turned our kids into gaming addicts like ourselves. Not sure it's healthy haha.

Our state has recently opened its borders and now we're getting flooded by COVID after 2 years of being virus-free but nobody seems to care and there's no lockdowns, just some pointless restrictions and vaccine passports.

Borderlands is one of our favourites and we'll look at getting Tiny Tina's when it comes on a half price sale (can't justify $90x2 for each of us).

Good to hear from you too Anti!
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Laura and I started on Destiny 2. Free to play is good but at the same time, it's not her thing as much as it is mine. We are constantly looking for new games and burning ourselves out on our favorites.

I just bought a new rig as well. Might need to get back into Read Dead Online or something very pretty to see how it performs in a graphically intensive world.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Completely gave up on Lost Ark, sometime in May. Too much going on there and the friends I had playing also stopped.

Been playing lots of Icarus, Valheim and Terraria again while waiting for something new to come along.

I wonder, is any of the old guild on a Discord or something? I know everyone is out there somewhere haha.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Hey Dart!

I don't know about a discord, everyone uses that now so I'm sure it exists.

I tried to get the kids into WoW but they just weren't into it because you can't build anything like you can in Minecraft. My 9yo daughter said she didn't like quests because she wants to explore on her own thing and not do what people tell her to lol.
My 6yo son played it for longer, doing the new intro quest for nearly every class. He played for three days and has more alts than I do... but then he got bored.

So we've just been playing Minecraft with the kids then. The expansion this year seems expensive too. We'd have to spend $120 to buy the expansion for each of us, plus $40 per month after that. It's hard to justify that much money for a game we're not heavily into anymore!