25 man MC (Friday)

Open to all topics
Phire

Post by Phire »

I am definately planning on attending.
bratkat

Post by bratkat »

Starting that late will put me to sleep. Sorry, I'll be passing.
"Okay then if druids are better tanks than warriors the reason people generally do not allow druids to tank is because everyone is racist against bears." - Thalion <Beyond> (Turalyon)
Just because you're necessary doesn't mean you're important
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

My squadron Christmas Party is today. I wasn't planning on attending, but I was basically told by my command that I should show up.

Such is life. I won't be able to make this now though.
Call me Ron
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

You had to be ordered to go to a party?
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Christmas parties overseas = Dancing on tables.

Christmas parties in the States = Exciting like playing bridge with your Grandma.
Call me Ron
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

Christmas parties overseas = Dancing on tables with your First Shirt (Who isn't too bad lookin for 33.)

Christmas parties in the States = Exciting like playing bridge with your Grandma.
Call me Ron
Junniper

Post by Junniper »

Sorry everyone, I had some family stuff come up that I can't put off.

My sincerest apologies, I was looking forward to it, but there is nothing I can do.
Just cause you get your key in *no way* means you will be seeing the inside of the instance anytime soon. You will just increase the traffic jam outside the door. - Killtacular
Kalverin

Post by Kalverin »

Yeah it didn't happen anyway. I too couldn't make it. Bad timing for alot of people I think. We should try to reschedule.

And Dart, what the hell is a first shirt? That some kind of air force slang for squad leader or something?
Moonde

Post by Moonde »

I believe it's similar to the term "Birthday suit". Anyway yea I couldn't make it either. We really should schedule it again though. Sounds like a fun challenge.
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

A First Shirt is a senior enlisted member, (ranks E7-E9, for reference, I am an E4) that has taken time from thier real job to take over the position.

They act as a liason between the Offiers and Enlisted force, enforce standards and policies enacted by the commander, and counsel member who have made mistakes.

Also, they take care of anyone who needs it. Example, if I were to lose a family member,the Shirt would be the person who would notify me, help me get plane tickets to get home and do the paperwork involved, get me counseling if I needed it, and make sure my house was watched over while I was gone.

On the same note, if I were to get drunk and throw stones at the Commander, the shirt would be the one that would bail me out of jail (and put in military custody) write up my Article 15 punishment, get me help from Mental Services in the mean time, and attend my court martial.

Get it?
Call me Ron