Photo Corner

Open to all topics
Antonius

Post by Antonius »

I'm a bit confused on what you actually took...but I'm assuming her innocence.
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

I can't take credit for taking this picture, one of my closest friends did. This is Mt. Allyeska and a small town called Girdwood about 45min drive from Anchorage. My folks have a place down there and I'm skiing down there every weekend in the winter. I thought this was a nice picture.
Attachments
Ally small.JPG
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.
Somegirl

Post by Somegirl »

1st pic is of my friend's boyfriend's tiki hut poker room. She's the one in the background. Second image is from a camping trip.. well. I'm sure you can tell what was happening the night before. This was taken in the morning. I like the way they both turned out.

:)

Sheep :)

25 total inches of snow.. Party time

Post by Sheep :) »

Astarra

Photographers Rule !!

Post by Astarra »

Seems we have some amazing photographers in this guild, I'll have to dig mine out and start posting here. Odd tho, i think i could only see about 1/3(if that) of the photos posted, most of the posts just had comments that claimed to have photos attached to them.....ok....is this a joke on the new girl???.....Are there really no pics and you all had me hunting around for the button to turn them on? Hmmmm.
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

Astarra wrote:Seems we have some amazing photographers in this guild, I'll have to dig mine out and start posting here. Odd tho, i think i could only see about 1/3(if that) of the photos posted, most of the posts just had comments that claimed to have photos attached to them.....ok....is this a joke on the new girl???.....Are there really no pics and you all had me hunting around for the button to turn them on? Hmmmm.
This is the photography section, many of the pics are old and have been removed from their public host. Mine were hosted on my webserver but a lightning storm about a week or two ago fried it and I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

The pictures for guildies are here
Feisti

Post by Feisti »

Feisti and Zhenya (aka Dono)
Attachments
chrisandme.jpg
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Half Dome at sunset from the summit of Tenaya Peak. If only I was a smooth enough talker to get my girlfriend to sherpa a real camera up the climb so I wouldn't have to rely on my phone.
Ameerah

Post by Ameerah »

looks amazing! Did you hike up? How long did it take?

*edit* I just looked that up! gorgeous gorgeous views!
ascanius

Post by ascanius »

Ameerah wrote:looks amazing! Did you hike up? How long did it take?

*edit* I just looked that up! gorgeous gorgeous views!
The hike to the base of the climb was about 45 minutes of agony. While parts of the approach were fairly slick/steep (the melting snow created some minor waterfalls on the somewhat polished granite), the problem's that Tuolumne Meadows is basically a floodplain early in the season (The Tioga Pass was only cleared of snow a month ago) and a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Once on the rock they weren't a problem. The descent and trek to the car, however, was a 3 hour onslaught.

Try to find the climbers ahead of us in following photo; the route is deceiving long.