World's Biggest Scams

Open to all topics
pezcore

Post by pezcore »

Moonde wrote:Isn't wisdom teeth removal covered under your health care system? Do you even see a bill? Honest questions, I'm not very familiar with the canadian system.
No, I don't think that is covered under basic health care.

And Atelo you forgot the biggest scam of all ! Razor blades ! Holy shit $20 for 4 Razor Blades WTF !
Suddenly The Newsroom Got Very Quiet.
fritter

Post by fritter »

antibacterial.....anything, but mainly the no rinse hand sanitizer junk
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

pezcore wrote:No, I don't think that is covered under basic health care.

And Atelo you forgot the biggest scam of all ! Razor blades ! Holy shit $20 for 4 Razor Blades WTF !
Yeah it's crazy. And they keep adding blades saying 1 swipe is better than 4, but 4 blades at once is no different than 1 blade 4 times.

Moonde: Wisdom teeth or any kind of dental work is not covered under our healthcare plan. You would need benefits from the company you work at or separate insurance for it if you wanted it covered.
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Ya here you would need medical insurance and dental insurance. I'm not sure a dentist could get by here for 100k in student loans unless he paid cash out of pocket to start. Plus the malpractice insurance is crazy expensive (esp. in washington state) Equipment x-ray machines etc. all add up quickly. Plus they have to get new patients and keep them or always have new ones pounding on the door. I sure as hell didn't go to school for it and I sure as hell can't do what they do. So if they want to work for several years just to break even then start to make a decent living good for them.

I think a huge scam is the amount of money teachers make. Starting salary is what 26k after how many years of school? Then we ask them to product smart productive children that will make an impact on society.

Also ever think about the commuter pilot that just flew you to your destination/hub for the next part of your journey? guess how much they make? Would you believe 19-20k a year??? I'm suprised we still have pilots out there.

Ohh for those of you parents out there. Ever buy an infants pair of name brand shoes? Holy fuck 50 dollars for something that is more expensive then the adult shoes and 1/4 of the materials to make. At 16 mos I finally had to buy Alexanders first pair of shoes and I was shocked at the prices. Yay for hand me downs and Target non name brand shoes 2 pairs for 20 bucks!

OMG baby formula and diapers I won't even get started on the costs there. But I gladly paid for the good ones... Why? because the marketing works and diaper blowouts are BAD.

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Chancee

Post by Chancee »

Amen sister! Get me a raise dammit!!

Yeah stride right shoes got me definately all about the foot development :P $75...
Dartagn

Post by Dartagn »

-Monster Cables.

-Anything that claims to greatly improve your gas mileage (these always show up in the summer when the price of gas starts rising.)
Call me Ron
fonebone

Post by fonebone »

Tahiti wrote:
OMG baby formula and diapers I won't even get started on the costs there. But I gladly paid for the good ones... Why? because the marketing works and diaper blowouts are BAD.

<3 T
ALWAYS go up a size in diapers to reduce blowouts. and buy the cheap ones that have good attachments. that way a messy diaper stays in the diaper and not all over the baby.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

http://www.cheshirecatstudios.com/
Tahiti

Post by Tahiti »

Ya we learned the bigger size early but pampers are the only ones that fit our son correctly. Huggies and costco brands leg holes were too big in any size.

<3 T
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Atelo

Post by Atelo »

A summary of things that happened as a result of the Activision-Blizzard merger. Interesting read that shows how the stock market requires a company to steadily increase profits in order to please investors. A quote from Activision CEO: "The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games." - referring to using profit for motivation instead of 'fun' as it used to be.

Three months after the merger, StarCraft 2 is announced to be a trilogy at $60 each. Among many other things.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=128252
shadowrage

Post by shadowrage »

yeah so far I'm not happy with the whole merger i don't know why they decided to merge in the first place money i guess?

Here is a video of all the things wrong with battle net 2.0 right now, its pretty long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-r_uCaF ... x1OfevvGoA
there is kitten B roll if just want to put it on mute and watch kittens.
We ride together we die together Rogues for life.